The Business Week article about the Asian poker boom referenced here also has a photo-sidebar about the 20 Biggest Casinos in the World. Pretty cool, and interesting. I’ve listed them in order below — a few surprising results — but click here to check out the pics and for all sorts of other interesting data about the largest gamble-gamble joints (in terms of gaming floor space) on the planet.
UPDATE: BW left out WinStar (Oklahoma), which is bigger than many might think.
1. The Venetian Macao
2. City of Dreams Resort (Macao)
3. Foxwoods Resort Casino (Ledyard, Conn.)
4. Casino Ponte 16 (Macao)
5. Tusk Rio Casino Resort (Klerksdorp, South Africa)
6. MGM Grand Macao
7. Sands Macao
8. MGM Grand Las Vegas
9. Casino Lisboa (Portugal)
10. Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa (Atlantic City)
11. Bellagio (Las Vegas)
12. Caesar’s Atlantic City
13. StarWorld Hotel and Casino (Macao)
14. The Venetian Resort-Hotel-Casino (Las Vegas)
15. The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas)
16. The Wynn (Las Vegas)
17. The Wynn (Macao)
18. Resorts Atlantic City
19. Trump Plaza Hotel & Casino (Atlantic City)
20. Gold Coast Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas)
NOTE: The Winstar World Casino, in Thackerville, OK, is currently undergoing an expansion that will make it the 3rd largest casino in the world.
UPDATE: Looks like the expansion might already be done — though the WinStar is billing itself as the 5th largest in the world … even though its 380,000 square feet of gaming floor space would make it 3rd according to Business Week.