@OPReport's Online Poker Bulletin
3 STORIES TO WATCH THIS WEEK
#1. Full Tilt Poker’s traffic slide just won’t quit. PokerStars has tried bonuses, splashy promotions and even PR stunts to prop up Full Tilt, so it will be interesting to see how PokerStars reacts this week – if they react at all – to FTP’s recent drop into 4th place (by cash game traffic).
#2. PokerStars & NJ: The online poker giant has yet to complete its NJ application. But the PR war between PokerStars and the AGA continues, and looks set to escalate as NJ marches closer to launching real-money online gambling.
A week filled with official holidays should ensure that the legislative lull of last week continues through the end of April.
+ THE WEEK THAT WAS
- A Florida bill threatened Internet cafes – and online poker along with them.
- Kentucky announced plans for online lottery sales (around 2015).
- PokerStars introduced a few new Omaha variants.
- bwin-party released 2012 results. And PokerFuse provided some color on the earnings call.
- Bitcoins took a step toward “respectability”.
RECENTLY FROM OPR
Check out my latest article for Casino Enterprise Management – Five Things Full Tilt Poker Got Right.
#GoodRead – CalvinAyre.com published what is sure to be one of many pieces prescribing a remedy for what ails Full Tilt.