Megabeat says what?
All good things must come to an end, right? And if you remember Vegas Grinders, you know we were big fans of the MegaBeat Jackpot, a progressive multi-property payout. Though none of us cashed in, the promotion was enough to draw each of us (and many of you) to various Caesars property poker rooms on repeat occasion. Anyhow, promotions naturally change, and it’s been about a year that the MB was in play, but there does seem to be some decentralization going on at Caesars- and WSOP-branded poker rooms in Las Vegas — or maybe it’s more of a recentralization? — which may or may not have anything to do with different rooms getting autonomy while others prepare for the axe. Wild speculation, but we do know that email addresses have changed recently, with a promo list like the one below coming from @caesarspalace.com instead of @caesars.com … and these sorts of changes seldom happen for no good or apparent reason.
Caesars Palace January poker room promo info below:
We are having a few changes to both our tournaments and promotions starting January 11 at 12:01 am.
- We are ending our Mega Beat promotion…. Effective 1/10/14 @ 11:59pm.
- Our last 20 for 20 free roll will be this Sunday 1/5/14 @ 10am.
- We are bringing back High Hand Promotion
- Four of a Kind pays $100
- Straight Flush pays $200
- Royal Flush pays $500
- Aces and Faces Cracked (Limit games only)
- Get Aces or Kings Cracked get a $100
- Get Queens or Jacks Cracked get $50
- Starting after our Winter Poker Classic is over (January 20th, 2014) Tournament Guarantees are back!!!
- Monday – Friday Noon $110 buy-in will have a $2,000 guarantee (No guarantee on Sat. and Sun. Noon tournaments.)
- Saturday and Sunday 2pm $235 buy-in will have a $5,000 guarantee.