July 2, 2013
@OPReport's Online Poker Bulletin
Weekly bulletin from OnlinePokerReport.com for the week of July 1st …
STORIES WORTH WATCHING
#1. Bet Raise Fold – Sunday was the worldwide release of the much-anticipated online poker documentary that has – so far – garnered an overwhelmingly positive response from advance viewers. Buy your copy here. If you supported the KickStarter campaign, you should have already received your link to view the movie via email.
#2. Kentucky – After successfully extracting a cool $15mm from bwin.party, Kentucky looks set to continue their litigious ways against other operators that took online bets from the state (and have some resources to target). I’ve been told to expect a significant legal filing related to Kentucky’s actions this week.
#3. PokerStars vs ACC – The ACC filed their response last week to Stars’ application for interlocutory appeal. While we don’t have a firm deadline for a ruling, I can’t imagine the courts are interested in letting this battle drag on much longer, especially given that it clouds the ability of the ACC to pursue an alternative sale. The holiday may result in a delay, but a decision could still be forthcoming in the next few days.
… + THE WEEK THAT WAS
- PokerStars clarified their policy for cheating and reimbursements.
- Griffin Finan explained why the DiCristina case is so important to poker players.
- The SLT revealed that Zions Bank took part in – and may be facing investigation for – online poker processing.
- CalvinAyre.com asked if Playtech has given up on the U.S. regulated market.
- The UK Gambling Commission released overview stats for 2009-2012.
- Joe Barton sounded an optimistic note regarding his yet-to-be-introduced online poker bill.
- Lock pros tried to sell Lock funds – cheap.
- CardPlayer stopped promoting unregulated sites to Nevada visitors.
On this week’s Rabbit Hunt, Mark and I cover the One Drop action at the WSOP, debate the best way of responding to Adelson and try our best to read the tea leaves of PokerStars’s battle with the ACC.
#GoodRead – Brad Polizzano penned an informative and concise rundown of the 2013 NCLGS at QuadJacks.
Get in touch