Re: Over the river and through the woods …

by , Feb 7, 2007 | 5:32 pm

My grandmother’s senior-citizens church group made it across state lines into Oklahoma this week. Sounds like she has found some new stomping grounds:

From: Danielle Michalski
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 11:18 AM
To: Dan
Subject: GRANDMA – CASINO

Dan,

Just wanted to let you know that yesterday Grandma went to the Choctaw Casino and came back home very excited. She said that it was very very nice there and that she would go back.

Love Mom

So glad to hear! Coming from a Las Vegas transplant who vacationed in Laughlin while pursuing an advanced degree in nickel slots, freebie giveaways, and comps … that’s quite an endorsement for the set-up in Durant. (And, of course, the pro-gambling concept amongst conservative politicos.)

9 Comments to “Re: Over the river and through the woods …”

1. Pauly

Will Grandmama Michalski be guest posting on Pokerati?

Maybe. As soon as she gets her lingerie photo shoot done.

And just for the record, ever since my sisters started making babies, mi madre became “Grandmama,” not mi abuela.

4. uncle ray

I think the trip to he Okiesino was organized by the Clubhouse in their complex. That’s why it conflicted with the church outing to LaLaLand.

But Grandma was concerned when she didn’t get good reports about Oklahoma. I’m glad she had a good time.

5. Ed

Choctaw is a fun place. Only thing I have done there is the poker but I enjoyed every minute of it…even the losing parts. The restrooms nearby and little cafe that serves starbucks may have something to do with my opinion on the place. It could also be the nice dealers and wait times under 20-30 min. that I have had each time I went.

Ed

6. Maudie

Don’t forget you have a standing invitation to get yer butt to the Riverwind in Norman!

8^)

By the way, be sure to click Maudie’s link … she’s got some special stuff about the history of the hammer (for those who care) and info on Al Can’t Hang’s special hammer-day tourney.

oops, i briefly thought i was commenting on a different post. still … yea hammer day!

9. Pokerati | Texas hold’em blog » Blog Archive » Re: Re: Over the river and through the woods

[…] Re: Over the River and through the Woods […]