Oops! Winner Declared!

by , Mar 23, 2007 | 2:51 pm

Here is a summary of the responses to my Writer’s Block post.

Jason wanted me to write about working your way up the poker ladder. This is a very good discussion for people who want to improve their game and make more money.

Gonz thought it might be interesting for me to discuss waking up next to Dan. After a violent battle with vomiting up buckets of yuukkkk, I have rejected this one.

Ed wanted some good poker stories and I will relay those to you as they happen while I’m on the road.

Karridy liked Jason’s response and asked for the same type of discussion.

Bunkousebob couldn’t wait to hear about the exhilaration I felt when winning the 2006 Pokerati Invitational. I was so excited that I took a nap on the ride home.

Short Stacked Shamus wanted me to keep him updated on the tournament trail. I will during the course of the year for the tournaments that I attend. He also wanted me to send the book to Gonz if he won. Poor Gonz.

John wanted some behind-the-scenes WPT stories. I hope to tell some of those after my trip to Reno this weekend.

The winner is Jason! Gonz, you beg too much, but you did come in second which allows you to sleep with and wake up next to Dan next week. I hope you’re happy now Dan.

The answer to Jason’s response will be written shortly, and Jason let me know where you would like me to send the book. And for all of you other cheap asses Pokerati readers, the book is available almost everywhere.

11 Comments to “Oops! Winner Declared!”

1. Jason

It’s been so long since I won anything…*sniff*…you’re gonna make me cry, Tom!

2. Donkey Bomber

Don’t get too excited. Your competition, well, ah, good work and congratualtions.

3. Fresh Princess

Is Dan really gay?

I miss Gonz. That’s all I can say.

5. Karridy

Who is this Donkey Bomber guy, and why isn’t he in the “About Us” page?

Don’t be foolin’, Karridy. You know it’s Tom … and we are just waiting for his pictures to get back from the airbrusher.

7. not sang

Jesus Christ. How about you just try to write 100 words that don’t mention your book or where you link-whore.

Um, full disclosure: I did the link-whoring for Tom. He is still developing his blog-button pushing skills. But for what it’s worth, you can know his mentions were pure, as they originally appeared without any href=s.

9. Bundas

Oh well was working doing the week and missed my chance to get an autographed copy of Tom’s book. I’ll have to pressure Karridy to get one of Tom and TJ’s books.
    Karridy be expecting a call.

Tom can you tell give us some insight as to how to stay so patient from hand to hand and also what’s the best way to avoid going on tilt after a bad beat. In the big tourneys when the blinds are player friendly I seem to some times lose my patience when I’m card dead and then watching other players play bad cards out of position and then getting lucky it get frustrating how do you deal with this?

10. Short-Stacked Shamus

Re: Karridy’s question (“Who is this Donkey Bomber guy, and why isn’t he in the ‘About Us’ page?”). Hear, hear! Us donkeys would appreciate such a profile.

11. Donkey Bomber

It’s nice to incite such a response.

Not Sang, your point is well taken, and I will do my best not to mention my book in the next several posts.

Bundas, great comments, but a little late. I will address your concerns a little later because I believe most players battle with exactly what you are talking about, and there’s a good chapter in my book about that. Oops!

Actually, Not Sang, your post has taken my focus completely off of my book and directed it squarely upon some new Anger Management Seminars that I will be pimping over the course of several posts.

Thank you all for your comments. The response to the winning question will come this weekend while I’m knee deep in some Reno ass kickin.