My dream come true

by , Apr 30, 2007 | 8:39 am

playboy-party.JPG

I’m back in Boston, at Pokerati’s New England Bureau, but I can’t stop thinking about Cali (maybe because it’s typically cold and rainy here?). There are a lot of crazy-ass stories from the trip Dan and I took to the City of Angels, and we might even tell you some of them one day (though probably not considering the content is decidedly NC-17).

For now, here’s all you need to know: The Playboy Mansion is everything I expected and more. Much, much more. Thanks Dan.

13 Comments to “My dream come true”

1. Fresh Princess

Gonzy – Most of my friends thought I was crazy to skip the Playboy Mansion for Cattle Barrons Ball but I don’t regret my decision. Wait till you see my post about Saturday night.

Hey Dan, are you awake yet?

Wow, all it takes is some naked ladies and booze, and Pokerati has a whole new bureau. Sweet!

And no, Michele, I am not awake.

3. Gonz

Dan, one more post and you have to update the contributor page, right?

Something like that. Ask Lavigne and Tom how long it took to get them up there. Tom, of course, got his cred by writing a book (with the hammer on the cover no less!) and co-hosting a podcast; and Lavigne … well shit, he’s about to get poker legalized in Texas, so those are some real Pokerati stripes.

So far you have been to the Playboy Mansion. You are off to a great start.

5. Lavigne in Austin

I am so jealous.

6. Fresh Princess

Ummmm, Excuse me, how did you get into that party again????

We refused to pay money and snuck in. We may or may not have had accomplices.

8. Fresh Princess

You snuck into a charity event?
    And that’s not what I meant BTW, beotch.

9. Gonz

It’s not that we snuck in, it’s HOW we snuck in. We waited in a parking lot for an hour and a half while all the shuttles to the Playboy Mansion left without us. You weren’t allowed to drive there; you had to have a yellow wrist band and you had to be on a list, and then you could catch the shuttle. We had no wrist band and we weren’t on any list.

Luckily, someone helped us out (I’m not sure if we should out her given the circumstances; Dan can decide). She ripped two wrist bands off her friends, came back to the mansion, secured said wrist bands to us with bubble gum ala MacGyver (seriously), AND convinced the Playboy personnel to let us on the last shuttle back to the party.

In our darkest hour, there was light. It was absolutely incredible.

10. Fresh Princess

I wouldn’t out anyone for granting a dream come true.
    And it was much cooler to think you were on the list!

11. Gonz

No way, Princess–this way was much cooler. Infiltrating the Mansion is like breaking into NORAD. We were just like ninjas. Handsome, humble ninjas.

12. Jason

Gonz –

You’re a year late, buddy. The Playboy Mansion is soooooooooooo 2006.

He’s right dude. Hef’s crib is where poker bloggers go. Check it out …

I think I saw Al somewhere in the bushes.