Legislative Games

by , May 11, 2007 | 7:10 pm

Just because our little poker bill in Texas didn’t make it over its biggest hump doesn’t mean the fun of fighting for legal poker is over. We got all sorts of federal fisticuffs on hand, and here we are talking about putting people in jail for life and the battle for control of an online economy! Woot!

From our good/Myspace friends at APCW:

8 Comments to “Legislative Games”

1. sooted

Is that Iggy, the blogfather in that video?

Ha, definitely not. (Unless I just missed him. But I didn’t see anyone under 4-feet-tall.)

3. Venita

Speaking of legal poker, rumor has it there was a major bust in Dallas tonite. Anybody know if it’s true?

4. TexasWolford

Suspected 8 Liner Room Robbed in Northeast Dallas
    Three Suspects in Custody
    Last Edited: Friday, 11 May 2007, 10:43 PM CDT
    Created: Friday, 11 May 2007, 10:43 PM CDT

. NORTHEAST DALLAS — Just after 9 o’clock Friday night, Dallas police were called to an audio electronics business in Northeast Dallas to investigate a possible robbery. Inside the business in the 9200 Block of Skillman Street, police say they found a room with 8 liner gaming machines. At least a half a dozen patrons were robbed. Police arrested three people at the scene.

Suggested Searches

where is this from, wolf?

I was wondering how police were going to handle the fact that they now have to bust rooms for another two years. i am sure they are not thrilled with their legislators.

venita, i have yet to hear anything about a poker bust … and i don’t see any searches for info on one … but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. will of course let you know anything i hear. hope you will do the same.

by the way, i exceeded the speed limit while on the road tonight. i am thinking of turning myself in to force authorities to deal with my belligerence. now THAT’s something that would have a major impact (in about a year) … if a bunch of underground players turned themselves in and insisted on prosecution and trials for their class c misdemeanors. i am being serious. that would have a much bigger impact than playing a game at the capitol.

other possibilities include hosting a raked game beneath an oklahoma casino billboard … or hosting a plausibly raked game at a fishing tournament (as these money tourneys take place on PUBLIC waterways).

6. sooted

Sorry, Dan, I thought you’d been to some of the blogger gatherings in Vegas and knew he wasn’t really a midget. My bad.

I watched it again … only person other than J Todd I saw was Steve Nash. He’s kinda short.

8. Neko the Poker Hound

Good video Dan. I had noted this back in August about the WTO rulings, but it sort of fell off of my radar (due to work, etc). So it’s interesting to see how this will turn out. Understandably, the US has to protect it’s interests… however it’s a tough path they have chosen to completely disregard the WTO in this matter.

Keep posting great news.