Future Las Vegas Strippers

by , Jul 8, 2007 | 8:45 pm

stripperpole.jpgLAS VEGAS–Its no secret Las Vegas has a dirty reputation and I’m not referring to the sand. With strip clubs outnumbering Starbucks, hooker bars in every casino and flyers of women available on every street corner (AKA more hookers) it would only make sense that one of the finest hotels of the Strip would promote your baby girl to start early.

Fulfilling my Vegas tradition of pistachio gelato, I was surprised to see the young female mannequins on a stripper pole. I mean, I know they are “in” but for six year olds? Not sure how Andrew McCarthy would feel about these mannequin tykes but I think they are a bit too young.

7 Comments to “Future Las Vegas Strippers”

1. Lisa, Robert's Girlfriend

Wow! There was an article on MSNBC the other day about lingerie for grade school girls. Whatever happened to good old Carters?

Michele, which hotel/mall is this?

3. Karridy

Let us not forget the Stripper Pole for kids that was recently marketed by a major toy company. Nice display, though. Vegas adds one more bad decision.

4. Michele Lewis

BTW – Went by two days ago and the display was changed. Perhaps someone saw me taking a photo.

By the way, are we sure it’s a stripper pole, and not a playground pole? Perhaps we are the one with the sick minds? Or maybe that’s what makes a stripper pole so great — because it brings us back to the neighborhood park where there was this really cool slide, and then this pole that you could swing on and a strange man who used to sit at a picnic table offering us cookies … er, um, nevermind.

And was this the Wynn? The Venetian? What store? Why not call out the people who thought this was a sassy creative display of faceless little children? Don’t the readers deserve that sorta information?

6. Michele Lewis

It was supposed to be funny so the type of pole isn’t really important.

Ahh, now I see. Sometimes I take stripper poles too seriously.