PokerBowl puts Beyond The Table All-In

by , Aug 23, 2007 | 10:47 pm

Depending on when you are reading this, you might be learning of the good news before they do. By “they”, I am referring to my partners in podcast crime, Tom Schneider and Dan Michalski. Just a little while ago, I received a welcomed email from Pokerpreneuer and PokerBowl creator, John Nightingale. It appears that the dick sucking negotiating that I did has paid off and Tom and Dan will be the on-screen commentators for the inaugural airing of the US PokerBowl.

While they do make up a charismatic 50% of Beyond The Table, it will be very interesting to see how the audience reacts to the brewsome twosome once they are presented visually. I, on the other hand, will be doing my best to raise the aesthetic average of the player field when I sit down with TJ Cloutier and the rest of the Dallas Kowboys on October 19th, in Vegas. I wonder if my BFF’s will find it in them to afford me a little favoritism kick-back come game day…

And before he was commentator on Fox Sports Prime-Time, he was getting his 3 minutes on ESPN.

P.S. – The latest episode of Beyond The Table is my all-time favorite. Nothing sexy, just fun pokery goodness.

Alt Hed: Watch out, Balsbaugh!

9 Comments to “PokerBowl puts Beyond The Table All-In”

1. Jen

Congrats, Guys!

Is this going to be broadcast over the internet or taped for future television broadcast?

Not sure, Jen.

Also not sure what’s scarier … the fact that I got this TV gig without them even interviewing J Todd, or the notion of Karridy following in the footsteps of Oliver Tse.

3. Karridy

Will be taped for airing on Fox Sport, prime time.

4. Fawcett

Will they be puttin’ make-up under Dan’s eyes?

5. Haley

I’m putting in my dibs right now on one of those full-sized autograph photos with some cheesy inscription like “Faithfully Yours,” or “May the Chips Fall Your Way.”

Congrats, guys!

6. SitNGoSteve

Tom – next year when you pull of the back-to-back POY – remember to wear some shorts that don’t ride up your ass for the Feature Interview on ESPN.

7. Bundas

Karridy what ever happened to the Idea that a player would win the final spot on the Dallas Kowboys thru the TTP promotion?

8. donkey

Karridy, is this event really going to happen this time? I know John delayed this for a year now, and from the looks of the teams, don’t look like all the spots are full. Last time I talked to him, they raised about $400k, wonder how he’ll make that $1mil prize pool. Good luck if it happens bro.

9. Karridy

If it happens, great! If it doesn’t, I can’t really fault the guy. Ya know? I know where you are coming from.