RE: Re: Re: ‘Tis the Season for Cheating

by , Dec 10, 2007 | 5:17 pm

Interesting news on Bluff Magazine deciding to remove “BluffMagCV” from its masthead. Tom, Karridy, and I had a vigorous discussion on such matters just yesterday, after recording an episode of Beyond the Table.

Click below to hear some stuff from the cutting room floor: Tom Schneider declares the Chris Vaughn-Imper1um offenses minor, Dan calls for Ethics, Rules, and Regulation (ERR?), Karridy admits to past indiscretions not having seen Caddyshack (!) … and all of us beat a dead horse intelligently debate the severity of online cheating in the contemporary poker era.

In the course of it all — about 36 minutes in — we also specifically happen to address what probably should happen to the Bluff Managing Editor … as well as the guys from Absolute Poker — but how? A little more wonky than usual Beyond the Table fare … but theoretically worth the listen:

[display_podcast]
recorded: 12/9/07

ALT HED: Karridy & Colmes

7 Comments to “RE: Re: Re: ‘Tis the Season for Cheating”

1. Short-Stacked Shamus

Now, perhaps, people will believe me when I tell them each BTT episode is carefully crafted from hours and hours of material . . . .

Will the DVD boxed set w/all the bonus stuff be out in time for Xmas?

What’s the deal with Karridy not being paid by the Pokerbowl people?

Oops.

(Hey Karridy, I think I missed an important edit.)

For now, KevMath, shall we say the PokerBowl has run into some “problems” — you heard them in a nutshell. We’ll see if they don’t resolve themselves very soon. Until then, “We’ll have to tune in next week.”

4. Karridy

Wow, KevMath, somebody was actually listening? Yeah, the PB has been less than professional in a number of respects. I’ll leave it at that.

And don’t worry, KevMath, I won’t “leave it at that.”

I just need to figure out a better way to blame Tom for making me show up, because I swear I’m not pissy about skipping the PPA fly-in in Washington DC to attend.

I think we can tell you that the show was scheduled to air in January 2008 … and right now the smart money would be betting on not.

To be honest, I was surprised that the PokerBowl actually took place, it seemed to be a flawed concept to begin with, and it seemed like at the end a bunch of pros got in there to get at the amateurs money at the last minute.

Kevin…

Yeah, but once it was all going down, there really was a lot of excitement about it. The pros who played seemed to have a blast — and Kenna James, TJ Cloutier, and Steve Dannenman have all written as much. The only one who seemed to not be having a good time was the guy in charge of it all.