De-listed from SharkScope?

by , Jan 16, 2009 | 6:05 pm

UPDATE: Never mind. Typo. Oops. But apparently these results ARE lies. Not accurate, I swear!

Maybe this is old news to most active online players … but I’ve been playing on Full Tilt a healthy unhealthy amount of late, and have been running pretty good. So I decided to SharkScope myself to see if there was any change in my public stats. Change indeed … Did a search for “dantana72” on Full Tilt, and got the following results:

No data found for that username. Did you select the correct poker network?

Their question makes me laugh. Because in a way, that’s what’s apparently at issue … in the future, regardless of the legal frontier, people will be choosing their game, er, network based on whether or not they want their data publicly available, er, mine-able. My stats are available for RiverDan72 on PokerStars, btw. Clearly it is nothing but a bunch of lies … down a thousand my ass!

Choose your game:

PokerStars (viewable by SharkScope)
Full Tilt Poker (not viewable by SharkScope)

6 Comments to “De-listed from SharkScope?”

That’s because you appear as Dantana 72 (the space is key).

And that’s not a pretty graph if that’s your account.

Hmm. Very disturbing. On so many different levels.

3. Chip Chaser

I know this is a stupid question, but have you used OPR (official poker rankings) or even bluff mag’s tracker? I personally like OPR because it seems the most detailed and accurate.

I first started using shark scope a few years back, and do like the pretty graphs and whatnot, but I never found their “fish/shark” and “tilt” status very accurate. You would be ranked as a shark if your ROI is over 30% or something like that, and rated tilt if you are on a 5 (or more) game losing streak. First off, I’ll be on tilt if I lost 5 tourneys in a row to retarded odds, other than that…just another day in the office. And just because you got one good payday in a tourney that shoots your ROI skyrocket, hardly qualifies you as a “shark.” At least with OPR, you can see in full detail and sort through winnings, tourney buy-ins, size, etc.

And Dan, your statistics aren’t as horrible as Kevin would like to suggest…just start playing more than heads up haha.

Dude, heads-up is the one game where I can be confident there’s no collusion going on. I like to do it tournament style in an effort to beat the rake.

Seriously, I have been kicking ass at the $55+$2.50 Turbo heads-up shootouts. Tend to get my ass kicked if I step up to the $110 level. Break-even to slightly losing at the $88 level.

Have not tried the other options you mention. Should I? I don’t like things you have to sign up for.

5. chip chaser

No, you don’t have to sign up up for those sites, only benefit you get if you do sign up is to look more deeply into the stats and keep a “friends list” of people you want to track. Try http://www.officialpokerrankings.com

And on the heads-up issue, I agree that’s one game you don’t worry about collusion, but it is hard to beat the rake, as you mentioned. I’m about as paranoid as you are about that and that’s why I stay away from SnG’s and ring games online. My game is MTT, though it takes up a lot of time. I highly doubt there’s much collusion going on in 500+ player tourneys…..or is there?

6. chip chaser

Oh, and the Bluff Magazine one is http://www.bluffmagazine.com/thepokerdb (but if you sign up so you can see deeper stats, notice that if you look up other players stats, they can see that you have checked them out)