Clonie vs. Full Tilt Lawuit Settled/Thrown Out/Resolved?

by , Apr 9, 2009 | 3:54 pm

No details yet … just an unsubstantiated report. More info sure to emerge:

UPDATE: And that “more info” is that someone misread a legal document and pressed “publish”. LOL! If I had a dime for every time I did that I’d have at least a nickel! … April 27th still the next relevant legal date.

8 Comments to “Clonie vs. Full Tilt Lawuit Settled/Thrown Out/Resolved?”

Stupid question:

How is something “initially dismissed”?

More in my next comment.

This was in the Clonie suing FTP thread on 2+2 (post 800) yesterday:

Quick update – I’ve read the recent documents, and they are still just arguing about discovery with Gowen wanting depositions now and plaintiff wanting everything put off until the Tiltware motion to dismiss is heard on April 27. Really just lawyer stuff so far, nothing juicy.

Interesting. And yeah, the aintluck piece didn’t really say much. but it would seem unlikely that the courts would flat out dismiss her entire suit in summary judgment.

I know I have a Clonie bias, but if that happened, you’d really have to wonder how much buying off a Las Vegas judge theoretically might cost. Not at all saying that’s the case here, but historically it sometimes has been.

If Party Gaming can pay hundreds of millions to stay on the legal up-and-up, then surely it would be in Full Tilt’s business interest to follow suit and make their problems go away for just a few million.

4. scott diamond

I watched a movie with my family tonite called “Flash of Genius”it’s a story of a College Professor who went up against the Giants of the auto Industry when they failed to give him credit for the intermittent windshield wiper he invented and Ford Stole.

Ford had made a deal with him and then had their engineers build a unit from the Professor’s protoype he gave them after the deal was made.

He did this in good faith,shook hands and then Ford ruined his life for years until he Finally won it Federal Court.

Ford was going to settle early for 250,000…A few years later 1 million and during the Trial they offered him 30 million. He turned every offer down because they would not admit what they had done publicly.

They tried all kinds of motions and had fancy lawyers try and hold this case up for years. He was stubborn and stuck to his principle.

Tried to show him as a crazy man during the trial, however the jury sided with the professor and did not believe the fancy lawyers.

He was awarded 10 million from Ford and a few years later Chrysler had to pay 18 million.

Big Corporations, fancy lawyers…sounds familiar here. Clonie is the Professor and Full Tilt is Ford…

Watch the Movie and this will make more sense.

Interesting, Scott … but some slight differences. Clonie didn’t invent anything online poker, and Full Tilt is hardly a big corporation in the eyes of the US government.

I get your point … but Clonie’s got herself a pretty fancy lawyer, too, and Howard Lederer already has the nickname “The Professor”.

6. scott diamond

Yes Dan Thanks. Full Tilt may not be recognized as a Huge Corporation, but they are.

The guy in the Movie had a fancy Lawyer too and he tried to settle for a measly 250k.

Thought it was a good flick and it could relate here. You get some time watch it.

Howard is in my top 5 as favorite players by the way.

At least aintluck.com gave you credit when they corrected, bravo sir!

8. Poker Shrink

Just to keep the scales tilted in both directions, I am definitely not on Clonie’s side in this one. If only because oral agreements are not worth the paper they are written on.