Jen Harman Naked?

by , Oct 8, 2009 | 8:59 pm

In and of herself … yeah, bring it! But sitting next to the also-at-least-partially naked Scotty Nguyen, Phil Hellmuth, and Daniel Negreanu (who’s covering his left breast with a PokerStars patch) … eww, uh, yee …

Incontrovertible living proof that poker is definitely not a sport:

From a feature in the new issue of ESPN the Magazine.

(The poker nakedness occurs for half-a-blip at about 3:15, perverts.)

via PokerNews

9 Comments to “Jen Harman Naked?”

The picture in ESPN: The Magazine

2. Tropical Steve

I think the PokerStars patch over the chest is probably a Brandi Hawbaker reference.

I’ll bet you one hundred thousand million dollars that Daniel was not consciously paying tribute to the former stripper who put a Full Tilt patch over her nipple shortly before committing suicide. Just a hunch.

Hellmuth has some knockers, btw!

I noticed when clicking through to the site that there was an (affiliate-based) ad on the site. I’m wondering how much debate about even including this photo — since really, their bodies don’t fit — went on in the ESPN the Mag back offices.

I haven’t seen the magazine itself yet, but I will also bet you a more tangible $100 that there is a PokerStars ad in there. If you’ll give me odds I’ll even bet that it is a full-page or more.

I think they were looking to cover a wide variety of sports, and the four had a really good agency getting them exposure.

Having seen the (digital) magazine, it’s ironic that across from the picture is an ad for cheap sunglasses.

i’m not suggesting it wasn’t a good inclusion. but we saw how pokerstars was able to buy their way into that Lebron James video …

so do i owe tropical steve (theoretical) money? no one likes to sell out their editorial, but it semi-happens all the time.

(Glenn Beck told his viewers how much they should be buying gold the other day … and sure enough, three buy gold advertisers.)

Having not seen the actual magazine, not yet.

Doesn’t Fox News air several commercials about buying gold daily?

7. Spaceman

Dan, I wouldn’t say Brandi put the patch over her breast “shortly before committing suicide.” That photo was taken during the 2006 WPT Championship (I was outside the Fontana Room with Ed Sevillano when he took the pic), while Brandi killed herself nearly two full years later in April 2008.

@kevin … yeah, i think they do. but beck has incorporated it more into his editorial shtick, apparently, than anyone else. i am by no means suggesting ESPN sold out or anything … obviously ESPN corporate has a longstanding relationship with poker that is separate from the magazine. i’m just saying the presence of the logos suggest it wasn’t a purely editorial decision to include these four bodies that clearly don’t fit with all the rest in the feature. non of the other athletes were wearing brands of outlets they promote, as far as i could tell.

@spaceman … fair enough, you are right, wrong choice of word by me there. i actually thought about my phrasing after i posted it … but just didn’t pull the trigger on an edit for totally unrelated reasons. thanks for clarifying matters.

Dan, it could have just been done as poker players are usually wearing logos, so if they were playing naked, of course they’d still wear a logo.