Lacey Jones leaves Absolute Poker

by , May 26, 2010 | 7:14 pm

Last Saturday, according to the Donkdown forum (some images NSFW), Lacey Jones let Brian Micon and Todd Witteles know she is no longer a part of Absolute Poker. Lacey will be appearing as a presenter for Full Til’s Doubles Poker Championship, airing in mid-July on GSN. Further details weren’t available, but I’d think they mention this news on DonkDown’s Cold Call show, airing Wednesday night around 7:30pm PT.

8 Comments to “Lacey Jones leaves Absolute Poker”

Seems to me that this departure comes merely at the end of a contract:

the guys at donkdown seem to think she’ll get “snapped up” by another site. don’t get me wrong, i LOVE me some lacey jones for so many different reasons … but i would kinda doubt it. don’t really see too many people over the age of 25 getting snapped up by anyone, unless they make multiple final tables.

2. BJ Nemeth

Interesting that the initial reaction to David Williams and Bodog was that they fired him, while the initial reaction to Lacey Jones and Absolute Poker was that she left them.

Dan answered my question, which would be the status of her contract. If a contract lapses, nobody fired anybody, and nobody left. It’s just the end of a pre-arranged business deal.

Right, but the question becomes, inevitably, who chose not to renew? Was this a matter of online poker principal, or a matter of online poker economics.

4. Jay

Well… looks like it’s time for new faces and skills to learn from.

I wonder who the replacement will be?

Trishelle Cannatella?

6. SCOTT DIAMOND

I heard today Lacy just moved over to UB. Since AP is actually the parent company of UB I don’t see an issue.

scott, where did you hear this? doesn’t make sense based on what i have read at donkdown, but i suppose it is possible.

8. SCOTT DIAMOND

Donkdown thats a whole other issue. I was told by someone Dan and I would rather not say, Im sure you understand.

Lacy should be roaming around the Rio I do not think she would be offended if you asked her.