Book a win for the internet good guys!

by , Apr 25, 2007 | 6:04 am

chopsticks.jpgSo much of the internet these days is a fight with the people who take good creations and do bad things with them. Sad, really, when an individual human being lacks the ability/confidence/whatever to create something original and instead conceives of a way to profit semi-sneakily off the efforts of others. It perverts the whole shared and open-source concepts that make so much of the internet great. Anyhow, I will get off my soapbox preaching against malicious use of RSS feeds and irresponsible spamming … and instead say it is now a great pleasure to provide a link to one of the more egregious offenders:

Tags:

10 Comments to “Book a win for the internet good guys!”

1. son of sue

Says the site is suspended.

While I may be dumb in a lot of things, I am a moron when it comes to these here computer thingies. I’ve seen RSS a lot lately and have no idea what the hell it is. Can someone edjumacte me, please?

Well done, Zach in NYC, you get an A.

That is the point … they were bad, and we are happy to see them suspended. The same technology that allows you to “subscribe” to pokerati via MyYahoo! or bloglines or whatever (RSS) also allows nefarious characters to create their own websites that infringe on your Google traffic and (attempt to) profit directly off the content you create.

Aren’t you a blogger, SoS? You should know this stuff. Then again, maybe not, as I don’t think anyone is stealing from The Batfaces.

3. son of sue

Thanks for the lesson. I don’t think you could call batfaces.com a blog. More like a total time waste.

By the way, do you know anyone up here that can point me in the direction of a decent poker room?

4. Tiny B

I don’t think they play $0.25/$0.50 HORSE in NYC.

5. son of sue

Thanks for ruining my dream, Tiny.

6. irishmike

Please explain to me why Danial-son is catching flys on this artical

Hae you ever tried to catch flies, Irish Mike? Extremely satisfying when one gets squished, even though there are so many others buzzing around.

Maybe a little bit of a stretch … but still, my name is also Dan, so we got that goin’ for us.

8. Neko the Poker Hound

I hated that damn game.

9. irishmike

I’m much better catching noodles than flies, noodles hold still. Dan did you ever get my e-mail about darts at sons and daughters. e-mail me I may have the wrong e-mail address for you.

irishmike

Irish Mike, ever since learning you were not the dude I met in Vegas, I am trying to avoid you.