No Alternates for the WSOP

by , May 1, 2008 | 11:11 am

That’s the first real news I’ve heard so far on the WSOP conference call.

More room between tables than ever before, too.

UPDATE: No Pay-Per-View online … but some bracelet events might be broadcast on ESPN-360, whatever that is.

9 Comments to “No Alternates for the WSOP”

The no alternates thing has been discussed before. Jeffrey’s blog from March said that.

2. Ed

ESPN-360 sounds like something you do with the XBOX360. I don’t own one so not sure but i know there are shows you can purchase via XBOX Live.

ESPN360 (espn360.com) is a broadband online service, it depends on the area of the country if you have it

For example, ESPN360 isn’t available here in Syracuse, hopefully they’ll have a backup plan to allow it on their worldseriesofpoker site.

See Ed, now you are seeing the future! I think you can expect in about 2026 for at least one player to be qualifying for the main event/competing at the final table on the XBox360, which at that point will probably be called the XBox 2600.

6. cc

Recap of the call if you need it on my blog. Hope you’re doing well, Dan.

7. Ed

Ok. I was not even close. 🙂

LIVE SPORTS. ONLINE. 24/7.
    -FREE through select High Speed internet providers
    -Up to 10 simultaneous live game streams
    -Wide range of exclusive global sports
    -You are in control with the ability to Pause, Fast-Forward and Rewind
    -TV production quality
    -Replay games available

Ed,

I’d check to see if it’s available thru your carrier. Time Warner doesn’t offer it, but Verizon FIOS does here.

9. ItsOverJonny

I don’t think it’s a matter of whether it’s “offered” by your ISP or not. Some ISP’s, such as Verizon FIOS, give it to their subscribers for free, but if your ISP doesn’t carry it free, you can still get it by subscription. I used to watch 360 to catch college football games that we being broadcast regionally by ESPN but that were not available in my local TV market.