Breaking Down the HORSE Field, Part 3

by , Jun 27, 2008 | 11:51 pm

For some reason or another, the following 52 players participated in the $50k HORSE event last year, but not this year. Some of these names, of course, are more interesting than others:

Ariel Schneller
Ted Lawson
Tom Franklin
Tony Cousineau
Tuan Le
Victor Ramdin
Vladimir Troyanovskiy

8 Comments to “Breaking Down the HORSE Field, Part 3”

1. Lisa

Anyone else look at some of these names and wonder how they found the $50k?

2. California Jen

Some of them were winning big last year – gone deep in previous events for big cashes, etc.

Erik Seidel didn’t play in this because he was heading toward a final table in another event the same night. He made the final table and finished just a few players short of his 9th bracelet.

Most were probably backed and lost their backing since then…at least for $50K buy-in events.

NOTE: I’ve got a mistake in here somewhere … 49 players who didn’t play this year, and 51 who didn’t play last year? Trying to figure out whom.

4. change100

It’s Chip Reese. Because he’s dead.

I thought the same thing, but that can’t be it … regardless of the reason he’s not playing, in the eyes of MS excel, he’s no different than Darrel Dicken.

BTW, Change, I hear through the grapevine that you compiled something similar over at PokerNews. In fact, I was just looking now … but can’t find it. Got a URL? Would love to take a look.

The ones that surprise me are the high-stakes stalwarts:

Sam Farha? Carlos Mortenson? Bill Edler? Maybe even Gavin Smith … Also think it’s interesting that we haven’t seen much of Sam Grizzle this year.

OK, I found/fixed it … we initially left out Phil Laak, Ted Lawson, and Q Knopow.

(Yes, I’m wondering who Q Knopow is, too.)

8. edbucks

It’s good to see that little chihuahua Ivey still in the tourney, I’m sure Eli is sweating it a little.