Yeah, But It’s a Dry Heat

by , Jul 25, 2007 | 7:52 am

LAS VEGAS–The WSOP may be over, but I can’t seem to leave this town. (Only thing that has me thinking I should start heading back is that I miss my dog.) Anyhow, funky atmospheric conditions going on here. It’s cooler now than it was in June, and it’s even been raining during the hot desert summer days. Like almost real raining.

ALT HED: That’s Poker Weather

9 Comments to “Yeah, But It’s a Dry Heat”

1. Mean Gene

That can’t be Vegas. Vegas is where clouds go to die. Of course, we were living practically in Death Valley.

2. Garry

Looks nothing like what I experiance the week of the 4th of July.

3. Uncle Ray

That’s typical Vegas rain. Never a steady rain, but a downpour for a few minutes, and then nothing for a few months.

Be careful, though, because it floods pretty badly and carries you away. Then it dries up and you can’t even tell it rained.

Maybe the post should have been titled “Yeah, but it’s a dry rain”

Uncle Ray, this has gone on — or at least on and off — for a couple days.

And great hed suggestion, by the way! Wish I had thought of it.

Yeah, But It’s a Dry Rain

Almost like mine but better.

5. BJ Nemeth

Not only did I waste a minute of my life watching a YouTube video of rain (was anyone else waiting for something exciting to happen, like Dan to float by in a car?), but I did this after living through this very same rain, because I’m still in Las Vegas too.

It actually rained hard enough a few days ago that I had to pull off the freeway and stop at a gas station for about 20 minutes. Even driving a paltry 20 mph, I couldn’t see anything through the pouring rain.

And coming from Atlanta, I definitely have rain-driving experience.

****Not only did I waste a minute of my life watching a YouTube video of rain****

BJ, have you seen the feet video yet?

7. BJ Nemeth

Okay, I watched the “feet” video, and I found it much more entertaining than the rain. Having sat through a seminar with Phil Hellmuth’s FBI guy (the one who was a former torturer/interrogator), I realize the importance of the feet in one’s body language when you’re trying to conceal something. Plus, it’s just funny to watch. Was the guy on the left catching the “happy feet” the same way one yawn produces another?

And Dan, you’re still on my shitlist for not introducing me to Angele Marshall. Yes, you had no way of knowing that we needed to be introduced. But still.

🙂

BJ, that was the first time I ever met Angele. But when it comes to your expressed affection for attractive young females, all I can say is … strong means weak, right?

9. BJ Nemeth

Unfortunately (for the women), strong means strong. If you’ve read Barry Greenstein’s book, you know his thoughts on the subject, and I agree with him. Tournament reporting means a lot of time spent on the road, and if you aren’t dating someone else on the tournament circuit, it leads to some dry spells.

And that brings us full circle … “Yeah, but it’s a dry heat.”

🙂