PokerStars Party at the Palms

Free Drinks, ‘Nuff Said

by , Jul 8, 2008 | 3:16 pm

It was a fabulous party! PokerStars went all out for this bash at the Palms, even so far as to have the valets where PS logos on their shirts. The night began with a media get-together for the players and PS guests from 7pm to 9pm with free drinks in The Lounge, and continued with the party at nightclub Rain that started at 9pm with a red carpet entry for the media to get shots of the pros with the night’s entertainment, burlesque star Dita Von Teese. Personally, I skipped the mish-mash of media fighting for a spot to snap pics and went straight for the club, as it was a night off for me, and I was ready to enjoy it.

Matt from the PokerStars PR company told me that the party was filled to capacity with 1300 people, and there were still lines of people trying to get in. Makes sense…it was wall-to-wall people in there. Oh, and there were free drinks.

The big story of the night was the locked lips of Isabelle Mercier and Dario Minieri. Evidently, there was no shame and no realization that despite a ban on cameras in the joint, everyone has cell phones with photo capability. Those pics will surely surface sometime today.

All I can remember say about the evening is that I’m really starting to like the Germans, and I think there were free drinks at the party.

8 Comments to “PokerStars Party at the Palms”

1. zach

with Dario? I’m not gay or anything but the guy is no Brad Pitt, actually I thought he was a girl the first time, must be the accent(money)….

2. Lisa

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit, after reading that. {shiver}

3. Jason B

Dario you say eh. I say why not, he’s a day over 21 and she’s pushing 30 and lives out of a suitcase. I like it!

***It was a fabulous party!***

Hmm, TBR and I also were at Rain, and yet we had a slightly different assessment. Basically this party was the exact inverse of the Sapphire Club party.

5. California Jen

Just different likes/dislikes in clubs…

Sapphire had topless women giving lap dances and a band. Your kinda joint.

Rain had dance music, strong drinks, lots of men who weren’t getting lap dances, and more of a nightclub vibe. My kinda joint.

6. Scott Chaffin

Dita Von Teese?!!? Sounds like a party I’d throw, except I didn’t read anything about a bass tank or a nacho fountain. I thought all you cool new poker kids were far beyond some bouncing boobies.

Dan, quick — write another post about how the poker world is changing. Passing the Reigns would be a good title. You can thank me in a footnote, you ironic genius bastard.

7. Alicia

Isn’t that guy like 12? or maybe he just looks 12… i wonder if they’ve dropped yet, maybe we should ask Mercier

***all you cool new poker kids***

Scott, have you seen my bald spot? I don’t think that label quite fits yours truly, but at the same time, it doesn’t really fit 2,000 online poker qualifiers either.

All I could think is, wow, Revenge of the Nerds has come to full fruition when these guys are living like their versions of rock stars, and they look up to Greg Raymer as a role model.