RE: Rousso Eliminated From Still in Sports Illustrated, Sorta

by , Jan 16, 2009 | 2:34 pm

Thanks to Gary Trask of Casino City Times, we have an update and some clarity on the all-too-important matter of Vanessa Rousso appearing in the upcoming swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated.

According to the article published today, Rousso will appear in the issue but, well…:

On Friday, Sports Illustrated Director of Communications Kelli Raftery explained the situation more clearly by saying that Rousso would be appear in the magazine, but not as a “featured model in the editorial portion of the magazine.” Instead, Rousso will appear as part of a PokerStars-sponsored “custom content” piece, which the online poker room paid for.

So, it’s a paid ad, but SI did the photo shoot. SI decided against featuring her with other models in the primary feature spread because “poker was not the direction it wanted to go in.” Interesting. Kinda a bummer, but still good to see that Rousso will make an appearance in the most popular Sports Illustrated issue of the year.

7 Comments to “RE: Rousso Eliminated From Still in Sports Illustrated, Sorta”

1. shronk

So, she’s in the SI Swimsuit Issue on the same grounds that The Blackberry Storm is in the SI Swimsuit Issue.

Exactly.

And Isabelle Mercier would seem to be a better choice from Team PokerStars.

3. California Jen

Shronk, is the blackberry wearing a bikini? I think not.

Kevin, I think Vanessa is the better choice because she not only has looks but a high level of intelligence. I know most people won’t be paying attention to the text in the ad, but it makes a difference if people do read about her.

For some reason, I don’t think PokerStars is putting an ad into the swimsuit issue to have people read about Vanessa and her discussion of game theory.

Vanessa Rousso = The Clonie of PokerStars?

6. Scott Chaffin

More bikinis = good.

Just checking the comments functions after the upgrade, but still more bikinis = good.

7. Anonymous Asshole

Isabelle = French vs. Vanessa = American.

Simple math folks re: interests at play

Both are hot, both intelligent too. Does Isabelle want that type of press, as well?

By the way, Vegas is still doing great on weekends but they are doling out much lower room rates (if not comped altogether). They are getting killed during the week from what I heard. I found restaurants packed as well as hotels. My folks, who were oddly there the same weekend for a slot tourney, found the shows to be packed as well. They couldn’t get over “how many young people” there were in Vegas this time vs. the past.

I now put Ballys and Luxor as my favorite places to play poker due to the soft play. Caesars has proven tougher for me (outside of the tourneys) but the Venetian and Bellagio is hit and miss. That is primarily playing 1/2 NL.

AA out